CSGO: How To Change Mic Input
Check out this guide to know how to change Mic Input in CSGO.
CSGO is a multiplayer FPS game with millions of daily active players. It is a fun-to-play game that can be enjoyed solo or with a squad. While playing with a squad, voice chat plays a very crucial role for the players to maintain coordination. However, it is necessary to select a proper input device for the mic as it can glitch on various occasions. Here’s our guide that showcases steps to change the input device for the mic in CSGO.
How to Change Mic Input in CSGO
Sometimes an externally attached mic fails to work in CSGO. It is because the input device for the mic is still set to the default one. The mic input can not be changed inside the game. However, it is possible to do so using the Steam client. Follow these steps to change the mic input:
- Open your Steam Client.
- Locate Friends & Chat to the bottom right of the screen and click on it.
- A small window will appear.
- Click on the Settings icon on the top right of the small window.
- Select the Voice tab from the side menu.
- You can change your input device as well as output device inside the Voice tab.
- Under the Voice Input Device drop-down option, select your best-preferred device.
- You have now changed your mic input.
- In order to check the voice input, click on the Start Microphone Test. This will allow you to hear a sample of how audible is your voice in the game.
- You can also change the volume of the mic by adjusting the Input Volume/Gain option in the Voice tab.
That’s all you should know about the mic input and how to change it in CSGO. If you found this article helpful, then make sure to check out our other guide that covers the solution for changing the crosshair in CSGO.