How To Send A Message In Fortnite?
New to Fortnite and unable to chat with your friends? Here is how you can send a message in Fortnite.
Consider yourself lightyears behind other players if you have started playing Fortnite recently. This multiplayer game has a lot going on for a beginner to understand quickly. Speaking of a multiplayer game, don’t you think it’s important to have proper coordination with your teammates while playing Fortnite? The in-game messaging ability has helped a lot of players in Fortnite. You can directly chat with your teammates to increase your chances of slaying the game. So, do you know how to send a message in Fortnite?
While talking to your friends in Fortnite, you can decide on a proper strategy or communicate to help yourselves in other ways. Believe it or not, messaging someone on Fortnite can greatly level up your game, and today, we will help you with the same.
How to Send a Message to Teammates in Fortnite?
Image Source: MaxGamer7 (YouTube)
Before being able to send a message in Fortnite, you must make some tweaks in the game settings. Here are the steps to set up messaging in Fortnite on a PC:
- Open Fortnite on your computer.
- Click the ‘Three lines’ icon (Hamburger Menu) at the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Switch to the ‘Input’ tab at the top.
- Scroll down and select ‘Chat’.
- Here, you can change the chat button as per your preference. (The ‘Enter’ key is set as the default chat button)
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Turn on ‘Push To Talk (Battle Royale)’ to enable Voice chat in Fortnite.
Once you enable messaging and voice chat, using them while playing Fortnite is a cakewalk.
How to Send Messages to One or Multiple Players?
Follow these steps to send messages to a single player in Fortnite:
- Open the game on your device.
- On the home screen of the game, click the ‘Friends’ icon.
- Select ‘Whisper’ after selecting a player to whom you need to send a message.
- Next, type the message that you need to send.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key.
Whispering in Fortnite means sending a message to a single person which no one else can see. To send a message to multiple players in a party, follow these steps:
- Launch Fortnite.
- Click the ‘Friends’ icon.
- Select a player and then select ‘Invite to Party’.
This will add the selected player to a party where you can send messages to be seen by multiple players at once.
This is how you can send a message in Fortnite. Do not forget to first enable messaging to discuss your strategies and plans with other Fortnite players. Proper coordination with your teammates will surely work in your interest.
Meanwhile, why don’t you try hiring a character in Fortnite for extra fun?