How to Delete Apps on Chromebook or Remove Extensions
This guide has some steps to follow to delete apps on Chromebook.
Sometimes your device overloads with junk that affects its performance. In Chromebook, most of these junks are the apps or Extensions, that you no longer need. Clearing up space by removing them helps in creating some free storage space. Also, it increases the speed and performance of your device, as the load on your device gets lighter. So it’s crucial to know how to delete apps on your Chromebook. So, here’s the guide that will teach you to uninstall apps or remove extensions in a few simple steps.
How to Delete Apps on Chromebook
To Delete apps to clear up some storage space on your Chromebook, follow these steps:
- On the home tab of your Chromebook, click on a small circle on the bottom left corner of the screen to open Launcher.
- Click on the Up arrow icon in the middle of the Panel to see all the apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to delete, and a menu will open.
- Select ‘Uninstall’ from the menu. On some Chromebook, you will see the ‘remove from Chrome’ option instead of Uninstall, click on it, and a dialogue box will open to confirm the action.
- Click on Uninstall option from the dialogue box, and the app will be removed.
- Also, you can uninstall Apps from Play Store. You can do it by opening Play Store > My Apps & Games > go to the installed tab and select the desired app > click on Uninstall.
How to Remove Extensions
Sometimes the specific application you are looking to delete might be just an Extension, and to remove an Extension from your Chromebook, here are the steps:
- Open Chrome Browser
- Click on the More option represented by three vertically dotted icons.
- Move your cursor to more tools, and a new menu will open on the side.
- Select Extension from the new menu by left-clicking on it.
- A list of all the Extensions will be shown in the new window, click on the remove option of the desired Extension to delete it.
- You can also choose to turn off the Extension instead of removing it by clicking on the toggle button and turning it off.
That’s everything covered on how to delete apps on Chromebook. Also, check out our guide on how to message yourself on WhatsApp.