How to Fix ‘Error Invalid Number’ on Android (2023)
This guide has some steps you can try to fix 'Error Invalid Number' on Android.
Android phone users who shifted to a new mobile carrier often show an error, which restricts them from sending SMS texts. Although, you can call the same number. If you are facing the same issue and you often get the ‘Error Invalid Number’ text on your Android device when you try to send a message, then this guide is for you where you will find the solution to fix the issue.
How to Fix the ‘Error Invalid Number’ on Android Phones (2023)
After changing to a new mobile carrier, if you see the ‘Error Invalid Number’ or also known as ‘122 Error Invalid Number, please resend using 10 digit mobile number of valid short code’, it is probably due to some misoperations from your Android device. You can fix it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Android Phone, and tap on the General tab.
- On the General window, scroll and search for the Application manager and tap on it.
- Now search for the Voicemail app of your old mobile carrier and tap on it.
- On the new window of your voicemail app, tap on Clear Cache and Clear data.
- Now restart your device and try sending a message.
- If the problem is still not fixed, uninstall the voicemail app of your old mobile carrier and try again.
- If the issue continues, contact your mobile carrier support team to fix the issue.
Reason for Error Invalid Number
When your old mobile carrier’s voicemail app tries to connect with your old mobile carrier’s network on your Android phone to see if there are any new messages, the HLR and VLR respond as invalid customers, which causes this error. Many carrier networks suggest that this problem exists due to the design of Android OS, which isn’t built to carry out intercarrier operations.
That’s everything covered for fixing the ‘Error Invalid Number’ on your Android phone. Also, check out our guide on fixing the “Operation Failed 0x0000011B” error on Windows 10 and 11.