Android: How to fix In-Display Fingerprint Scanner Not Working
You can fix in-display fingerprint scanner not working on Android by following simple steps mentioned in this guide.
Fingerprint Scanners are one of the best ways to protect your phones. Over the years with improved technology, these fingerprint scanners got upgraded, and nowadays, in-display scanners use optical or ultrasound sensors to detect the fingerprint pattern. Although, this advanced technology has limitations and might cause some errors while using these features. Hence, to fix the in-display fingerprint scanner not working error on your Android phone, this guide will help you.
How to fix In-Display Fingerprint Scanner Not Working on Android Phone
To fix the in-display fingerprint scanner not working error on Android phones, follow these steps:
Wipe the display and your hands with a Dry Cloth
Some dirt or liquid on your display’s sensor might interrupt the scan and gives you an error while scanning your fingerprint. To fix this issue, keep your scanner clean. Also, dirt or any liquid on your hand can cause this issue, so you should wipe your hands with a dry cloth and keep your fingers clean before using the scanner.
Remove Screen Protector
The scanners that use ultrasound sensors to scan fingerprints can be sensitive to screen protectors if they are too thick. In such cases removing the screen protectors are the best option you can rely on. Also, a compatible screen guard produced by the original manufacturers is recommended for use, to avoid such errors.
If your fingerprint was registered incorrectly on your device, it can cause some errors. You can fix it by deleting your biometrics and re-registering new fingerprints. For the same, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings on your Android phone from the App Library.
- Now go to the ‘Fingerprint’ section. Based on different Android devices this option may vary. On some, this option is in ‘Security’ settings, on others, you can see it under ‘Lockscreen’ settings.
- Type the password when prompted and the list of all registered fingerprints will be visible on the screen. Tap on each fingerprint and tap on delete.
- Select New fingerprint and keep your finger on your scanner to register a new fingerprint.
Fix Software Bugs
If you tried the above three options, then it might be a software bug issue, and you can solve it by following these steps:
- If you have encountered a bug, try updating your device by going to Settings > General > Updates.
- If that doesn’t works, factory reset your device with a proper backup.
- Still, if the issue continues, contact your mobile’s service center.
That’s everything covered on how to fix the in-display fingerprint scanner not working error on Android. Also, check out our guides for fixing ‘Error invalid number’ on Android phones or add a custom shortcut on the quick settings menu of your Android phones.