How to fix Phone Link App ‘Not Working’ Error on Windows 11
To fix the Phone Link App Not Working error on Windows 11, this guide has some quick steps to follow.
Phone Link App is a resourceful application that enables you to connect your Android device to Windows 11. This helps you to share photos, videos, and files from your Android phone to your desktop computer. Sometimes while using the app, due to some errors, the Phone Link App may misbehave. Hence, to know how to fix the Phone Link App Not Working error on Windows 11, this guide will help you.
How to Fix Phone Link App Not Working Error on Windows 11
If you are having issues launching or using the Phone Link App on Windows 11, then either the app is unable to sync or some bugs are causing some malfunctions., you can fix it by following the steps:
Fix Syncing Errors
If the Phone Link App doesn’t sync properly, the error will be constant on Windows 11. You can fix it in the following ways:
- Allowing all the app permissions on your Phone and removing the app restriction helps sync data.
- The settings to allow app permission varies for Android devices, but the general steps are – Settings > Application Management > Link App > Allow all permissions.
- On your Desktop, you will need to permit the app to run in the background. To allow the Phone Link App to run in the background, go to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Phone Link App > Advanced Options > Background App Permission > Always.
- On laptops, you need to turn off the ‘Battery saver mode’ to let the app run in the background. To turn off battery saver mode, go to Settings > System > Power & Battery > Battery Saver > Turn Off now.
- Sometimes linking and unlinking your device helps too. To unlink your device on your Desktop, open Link App > Settings > My Devices > Click on the three dots on your device icon and then click on remove.
- Now close the Phone Link app.
- Open the app and pair your device again to solve the issue.
With all these steps, your app should run smoothly. If the error is still not fixed, it is probably a bug.
- The best way to find a bug is to run troubleshooting on your windows.
- To run troubleshooting, open Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps > Run. This will diagnose and fix all the issues.
- If the issue continues, try updating your app from the Windows web store or try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- Also, you can use the repair and reset option to fix the bug.
- To repair the Phone Link App, go to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Repair.
- To reset the Phone Link App, go to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Reset.