How to fix Visual Voicemail Not Working on Android (2023)
A guide to fix your device when the Android Visual Voicemail is not working.
Tons of Android users have reported an issue with accessing their Visual Voicemails. The root causes for this can be numerous. An outdated software version, network connectivity issues with your carrier, or simply your voicemail storage capacity reaching its limit could be some of the reasons for this error. A lot of times calls get forwarded instead of getting recorded to your voicemail. For all the causes here’s a guide to help you fix your device when Visual Voicemail is not working on Android.
Android: How to Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working (2023)
When Visual Voicemail is not working on the Android OS it is most probably because of network differences. This is in the hands of your carrier network provider operations solely and you cannot do anything about it. In some situations when this isn’t the case it is best to make sure your Android smartphone is well configured.
Ensure your Voicemail is Set-Up
- Launch the default Phone App on your Android Device.
- Open the Keypad.
- Long Press and Hold on ‘1’.
- If Voicemail is not set up, your Phone will ask you to set it up now.
- Select your currently active network operator, add your mobile number, and set your Voicemail Pin.
Your Voicemail is now active through your network provider network.
Enable Visual Voicemail
- Open the Phone App on your device.
- Open Keypad and tap on Options (3 vertical dots) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings from this drop-down.
- Select Call Settings and then tap on Voicemail.
- Toggle the Visual Voicemail option to ON.
Disable Call Forwarding
- Launch the Phone App and open Keypad.
- Dial *73 on the Keypad.
- Wait till a ‘beep sound’ is audible, then disable call forwarding.
Permit Visual Voicemail to use Background Data
Restrictions to Visual Voicemail for using background data can stop it from functioning well, so to fix this issue, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your Android Device.
- Select Apps.
- Search for Visual Voicemail.
- Press on Mobile Data. (Mobile Data Usage on some devices)
- Toggle the option, Allow Background Data Usage to ON.
Clean all Visual Voicemail Cache Data
There could be corrupted and broken files in the Visual Voicemail’s App data, causing it to crash.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Select Apps and then select the Visual Voicemail App.
- Head to the Storage option of Visual Voicemail.
- Tap on the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons respectively.
Additional Solutions to fix Visual Voicemail Not Working on Android
If the fixes mentioned above do not get your Visual Voicemail working again then these options might be the last resort:
- Reset all Network Settings.
- Update any pending Network Carrier Configurations.
- Install the latest version of the Android Operating System and the Visual Voicemail App.
- Factory Reset your Android Device.
With this, we have come to an end by covering almost all the possible ways to fix the Visual Voicemail not working error on Android. To know more about Android read How to solve ‘Error Invalid Number’ on Android.