How to use iPhone’s Secret iMessage Text Effects
This guide has information for all the secret iPhone text effects on iMessage.
If you are a new user of the iPhone, then you will be wondering how your fellow friends send texts on iMessage with all those animations and effects or Doodles. These animation effects were introduced by Apple on iOS 10. Since then, there have been lots of add-on themes to this feature. They are very easy to use, and to know all the secret iMessage text effects and how to use them, this guide will help you.
How to use Secret iMessage text effects on iPhone
On iMessage, you can send a text with animation and effects or a handwritten message or Doodle as text. These effects are classified into three Categories:
- Full-Screen Animation
Doodle on iMessage
- You can Doodle and write your message by rotating your iPhone to Landscape mode and selecting the Doodle key from the keypad.
- Draw or write a message using your fingers or select the saved message.
- Tap on done and then tap on the blue arrow from the chat screen to save and send the Doodle.
Bubble Text Effect
The bubble feature animates your text bubble and to animate your bubble here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open iMessage and type the message.
- Long press the send button till the new menu opens.
- Choose any one text effect from the four given options:
- Invisible ink – The message will be blurred and appears only on Swiping.
- Loud – A giant message bubble appears, that settles on the screen while shaking.
- Gentle – Use this for a small animator text effect.
- Slam – The message settles on the screen with a huge Slam.
Full-Screen Animation Text Effect
This feature animates the whole Chat background when you send the text. There are 8 full-screen animations(Echo, Balloons, Confetti, Spotlight, Love, Lasers, Fireworks, Shooting Star) currently from which you can choose. You can use them by long pressing the send button and then choosing ‘Screen’ from the menu. Swipe and select the animation and tap on send to use the animation. Full-screen animation is also shown when you type a code text such as ‘Congratulations’ for Confetti or ‘Happy New Year’ for Fireworks.
That’s everything covered on how to use iPhone secret iMessage text effects. Also, check out our guide on how to use Fireworks on iPhone 14.