How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp for Android, iPhone and Desktop
Here are all the tips and tricks on how to message yourself on WhatsApp.
The November 2022 update of WhatsApp added a new ‘Message yourself’ Feature. This feature allows you to message yourself. It is a very useful function to save messages, videos, and images and track them. It is available for Android, iPhone, and desktop users too. For the users who want to know how to message themselves on WhatsApp, this guide will help you.
How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp on any device
To message yourself on WhatsApp, the basic procedure is to search and open your chat and type the message. The detailed steps for the same are mentioned below:
- Open the Chat window on WhatsApp and tap on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A window will open with the list of your contacts.
- At the top will be your phone number. If you don’t find it, tap on the search bar and type your phone number to find it.
- Tap on your phone number and the chat will open. Now you can message yourself and send or share any images or videos.
- You can also forward messages to yourself by long pressing on the text you want to open the tabular menu.
- Tap the forward icon and search for your number on the search bar.
- Tap on your number, and the message will be forwarded.
The steps for iPhone are similar to that for Android. Follow the steps given below:
- Open Chat Window > Tap on the chat icon, represented by a notepad on iPhone > Search and tap on your phone number to message yourself.
- To forward the message on iPhone, long press on the message > tap on the forward icon from the menu > search and tap on your phone number > message will be forwarded.
- Open WhatsApp on the Desktop browser > Search and Click on your phone number > new chat window will open > type and send the message to yourself.
- To forward a message, hover your cursor on the desired message > Click on the drop-down icon > click forward message from the menu > Search and tap on your number > click on send icon.
Why can’t I message myself on WhatsApp?
The “Message Yourself” feature came into WhatsApp on November 2022 update. Updating your app will solve the issues if you have an older version of WhatsApp. If you have updated your app and still can’t access this feature, then WhatsApp Support might help you to fix your issues.
That’s everything covered for messaging yourself on WhatsApp. Also, check out our other guides, such as using the same WhatsApp account on two mobile phones.