How to Share an Album on iPhone (2023)
A guide to help you create and share an album on iPhone.
iCloud’s Shared Album feature is a great way to share your photos and videos privately. You can share an album’s access strictly with your family and close friends without having to share it with all your contacts. The shared album feature uses the iCloud server to save your photos on the cloud privately. Moreover, you get the exact same functions for your photos in the iCloud photo library. You are able to edit, caption, or favorite an image just as you can in the Photos App. Additionally, when you give access to people in the shared album, they can add, edit or delete photos too. To get started here are simple steps to share an album on iPhone.
iPhone: How to Share an Album (2023)
To share an album on iPhone you need to pay attention to the Shared Album feature of iCloud. Shared Album is different from adding a new Album. When you create a new album on your iPhone the album is saved locally and backed up to your iCloud. But, when you create a shared album, the album is generated to your iCloud account directly. From here, people you have added to the album can access your photos and content. Generally, you can manually create a Shared Album to your iCloud from the Photos app itself by pressing on New Shared Album when you add a new album to your iPhone. Otherwise, create an album spontaneously when you select photos to add to the shared album.
Enable Shared Album on iCloud
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Photos to view its settings.
- Scroll down and toggle the option of Shared Albums to ON.
This ensures that the Shared Album feature is accessible now.
Creating your Shared Album
- Open the Photos App on your iPhone.
- Select all the photos you want to create a shared album with.
- Tap on the Share icon in the bottom left corner.
- On the option pop-up select Add to Shared Album.
- Next, select a Shared Album title if a pre-made shared album is present, or select New Shared Album to create a new one.
- Give a Title to your Shared Album and name it.
- Lastly, Add/Invite people who can access this album.
Your shared album is now present on your iCloud account and the cloud server. People you invite to this shared album, also get to add/share their photos and videos. If your album is not visible to people make sure your album is not privately made.
That’s all on how to share an album on iPhone to people only you want to show to. Hoping this article guided you correctly and resulted in a successful album creation. For daily fixes and to know more about iPhone learn what to do when your iPhone is unable to load photos or videos.