How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Here are some simple steps to transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac.
Sometimes you might need to transfer photos from your iPhone to your Mac to edit or view them on a bigger screen. As they work on similar Apple ecosystems, sharing files shouldn’t be a problem. If you are a new Mac and iPhone user, you might not know how to transfer photos. To simplify your experience and share pictures or videos with ease, this guide will help you.
How to transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
There are a few easy ways by which you can transfer Photos from your iPhone to your Mac, and here are the steps for the same:
Using USB port
By using the USB port, you can transfer files by following steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and open the Photos app on your Mac.
- The Photos app shows the import screen by default.
- If the import screen doesn’t appear, click on your iPhone name from the devices on the left panel and pair your device.
- Choose the location from the ‘import to’ option, select the photos you want to import, and then click on import.
- In case you want to transfer all the photos from your album, click on the ‘import all photos’ option.
Transfer Photos or Videos using Airdrop
Sometimes the USB port is not compatible. In such cases, you can use Airdrop if within range. It is a powerful file-sharing tool developed by Apple to ease file transfer between iPhone and other Apple devices. To transfer using Airdrop, these are the steps to follow:
- Turn on Wifi and Bluetooth on both iPhone and Mac and pair the devices.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and select the photos you want to transfer.
- Tap on the Share icon from the bottom of the screen and select the Airdrop icon, represented by a round rectangle with a protruding arrow, and select your Macbook’s name.
- The photos will be transferred, and a confirmation message will appear on your computer’s toolbar.
If you turned on the sync on your iPhone, you can download photos from iCloud to your Mac. Once you are signed into your Apple account on your Mac, open the Photos app. Now go to Preferences and click on iCloud, now tick the checkbox near iCloud Photos to enable the sync, and all the photos from your iPhone will be available on your Mac.
That’s everything covered on how to transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac. Also, check out our guide on how to unpair your Apple Watch Series 8 or Mute your Apple Watch Series 8.