How to Turn Off Memories on iPhone (2023)
Here is a method to turn off memories on your iPhone.
Memories is iPhone’s that feature which creates slideshows out of your old pics on the Photos App. It gets displayed in your notifications too if you don’t disable it. Overall, this feature is a part of iOS which uses advanced machine learning to recognize people. It can even differentiate places and celebrations of your life. But there are moments when this feature can be really frustrating. Suppose you do not want to see certain memories on your camera roll at all. But iPhone keeps displaying exactly what you don’t want to see. So here’s a guide to help you turn off the memories on your iPhone totally, even from your notifications.
iPhone: How to Turn Off Memories (2023)
You can turn off memories on your iPhone of specific individuals, exact dates and certain locations. Prevent any feature of old memories from popping up on your gallery or notifications by following the methods given below.
Disable Memories to Never Feature
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select the Photos App.
- Slide down to the Memories & Memories and Featured Photos.
- Toggle both options Show Holiday Events & Show Featured Content to OFF (Grey color).
Doing this will disable all memories entirely and never display any feature at all.
Remove a Particular Person
- Open the Photos App.
- Go to Albums and then select People.
- Select the Person you want to remove from Memories.
- Tap the Ellipsis Icon on the top right for Options.
- Choose Never Feature this Person.
iPhone’s face recognition technology is much more advanced so it is not to blame. Turning this person’s feature to off will never display any of their photos in the memory slideshow.
Remove Memories from Notifications Permanently
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Notifications.
- Tap Photos.
- Scroll down and choose the Customise Notifications option.
- Toggle the Memories option to Grey (OFF).
So folks, these are the various ways to turn off memories on your iPhone permanently or for specific people, places and dates. For more about iPhone and daily tech updates visit our website or read how you can share an album on your iPhone.