Android Auto Wireless: How to Use
This guide has some tips and tricks to use Android Auto Wireless app on your mobile device.
Android Auto is an app developed by Google to use your mobile features such as music, maps, calls, and more while driving the car. This feature is only supported in selective cars and Android devices. Also, you can use this app wirelessly without the need for a USB port, if the correct requirements are met. Hence, to use Android Auto Wireless, this guide will help you.
How to Use Android Auto Wireless
To use the Android Auto Wireless app, follow these steps:
- You need to download and install the Android Auto app from the Play Store first.
- On your Car display, tap on the grey Android Auto icon or the Widget that has the option to pair your Car’s Bluetooth with your Android Phone.
- Turn on the Location, Wifi, and Bluetooth on your mobile.
- Now, open the Android Auto app and tap on the ‘Connect a Car’ option, and a new window will open.
- From the new window, tap on the ‘Connect using Wireless Android Auto’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Connect using Bluetooth’ option, and a dialogue box will open.
- Tap on the ‘Pair a Car’ option, and all the available pairing device options will display on your screen.
- Select your Car’s Bluetooth name from the option, and the devices will pair.
- Now complete the tutorial if using the app for the first time.
- You can now access your Mobile features Wirelessly on your Car’s Display.
Basic Requirements to let Android Auto Wireless Work
- Your mobile phone must have an Android 9 or higher version to support the wireless feature. Although the app works on Android 8, you won’t find the wireless option.
- If you are using the Android 12 or higher version, the Android Auto app will not be supported, and you will need to use ‘Google Assistant’s driving mode’ in such cases.
- Your Car must be parked before using the app.
- Also, a strong internet connection is essential to use Android Auto smoothly.
That’s everything covered on using the Android Auto Wireless app. Also, check out our guide for playing Xbox games with Touch Controls on mobile devices. Or you can check out our other tutorials, such as how to add custom shortcuts on the quick settings menu of an Android phone.