Battlefield 2042: How To Fix Black Screen After Match Or Launch
Seeing a black screen after a round finishes in Battlefield 2042? Here's what you can do.
Occasionally, Battlefield 2042 players may encounter black screen after a match or upon starting the game. While this can be rare, if you have just come across this bug and are looking for a fix, we’ve got some troubleshooting tips that may potentially resolve the problem.
How to fix Black Screen after match in Battlefield 2042
First and foremost, check for server outages by heading to the official EA website. Make sure the Battlefield 2042 servers are online before trying to troubleshoot the black screen. If that’s not the case at the moment, follow the steps below to fix a black screen after the end of a match in BF 2042.
Don’t close the game manually
Wait for the automatic countdown to finish and for the game to close itself. Closing the game before that can trigger the black screen.
- As per a comment on a Steam forum, the black screen only occurs when “your game textures don’t load completely before the end of the match. There is a bug that prevents certain textures from loading completely during a match and if you complete the match you’ll be forever stuck with a black screen after.”
- Another commenter suggests repairing EasyAntiCheat: Go to the Game Folder -> (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlefield 2042) -> Go to EasyAntiCheat Folder -> Launch EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe -> Repair it for the game.
- Also, make sure that the game is installed on an SSD for the best possible performance.
Restart your PC
The age-old technique of turning off-turning on might also work in this case. Restart your PC and check if a fresh start helped get rid of the black screen in Battlefield 2042.
Update the game
Make sure the game is updated to the latest patch and if not, go ahead and get it done first because the newest patch may have fixed the glitch.
Clear Download Cache
- Open Steam and click on “Steam” at the top left of the launcher.
- Click on Settings from the drop-down.
- In the new window that appears, click on Downloads.
- Find the Clear Download Cache option and click on the Clear Cache button next to it.
- Clearing the download cache might resolve issues downloading or starting apps, so it’s worth a try. Doing this will not delete any of your downloaded games or game files, so don’t worry.
Verify the integrity of game files
This will check for any corrupted files and fix them if necessary. On Steam, right-click the game in your library, go to “Properties” > “Local Files” > “Verify integrity of game files.”
Close background apps
Close any unnecessary programs that might be using resources while the game is running. This is because it can lead to overheating and crashes for the game you are currently playing leading to black screens. If you are using a VPN, it’s best to turn it off temporarily.
Update your graphics drivers
If it’s a visual issue on your end, then it can be fixed by getting the latest drivers for your graphics card. You can download them from the manufacturer’s website.
Black screen after launch or during loading BF2042
- Run the game as administrator: Right-click the game’s file and select “Run as administrator.” This will give it the necessary permissions to run without hiccups.
- Reinstall the game: This is a last resort, but it can sometimes fix corrupted installations.
These were all the troubleshooting tips that may help you resolve the issue but in case none of the above solutions work, contact Steam or Battlefield 2042 Support and they will help you get the game running without any issues.