How To Full Screen GTA 5 (PC)
Can't enter fullscreen while playing GTA V? Here are some troubleshooting tips to help you out.
Playing GTA V on PC but instead of going fullscreen, it starts or changes to windowed mode? This has happened to others as well. Thankfully, there are several ways to make GTA 5 run in full screen mode, depending on your platform and how you’re launching the game. Here are some options that you can test out.
How to Make GTA 5 Full Screen
Check the System Settings for GTA V
Right-click on the icon for GTA 5 on your Desktop and click on Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, you will find “Disable Fullscreen optimizations” – if it’s unchecked, then check it and launch the game again. If checked, then uncheck it, relaunch, and see if the issue is fixed.
Check the In-game settings
- PC: Once you’re in the game, press Escape to open the pause menu. Go to Settings > Graphics and look for the Screen Type option. Change it from Windowed to Full Screen.
- Console: On PlayStation and Xbox, open the game options menu and navigate to the Display settings. Look for an option like Screen Mode or Display Mode and set it to Full Screen.
Use Keyboard shortcuts
PC players can try pressing Alt + Enter to change to fullscreen mode in GTA 5. This is a universal shortcut for switching between windowed and full-screen modes in many games and applications and has a high chance of working here.
Check Launcher settings
- Rockstar Games Launcher (PC): Before launching the game, open the Rockstar Games Launcher settings. Under Grand Theft Auto V, look for an option like ‘Launch in Fullscreen Windowed Mode’ or ‘Run in Fullscreen’ and make the necessary changes.
- Steam (PC): In your Steam library, right-click on Grand Theft Auto V and select Properties. Go to the Launch Options tab and enter -fullscreen in the command line field. Click OK and launch the game.
More Troubleshooting Tips:
- If you’re still having trouble getting the game to run in full screen, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. You can download the latest files from the official website of the manufacturer.
- Restart your computer or console and try again.
- If you’re using mods, some might interfere with the game’s display settings. Try disabling them or reinstalling the game without mods.
That’s how to make GTA 5 full screen easily. If you’re neck-deep into the game and are short of cash, here are the best ways to make money.